Thursday, October 24, 2013

N64 Game of the Week


" For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
-Aristotle, The Nicomachean Ethics


 Practice makes perfect. You wouldn't try to run a marathon the day you decided to start doing marathons, just like you wouldn't try to paint a 50,000$ dollar painting the first day you started painting. If I'm really interested in working with some friends to create a game-loving group that shares videos on a regular basis, I would like to work on some videos of my own.



 Above is one of Chas's, or Zerbraxi as he goes by in the gaming world, videos on his youtube channel. If you took the time to watch it you'll notice he has a nice flow, and is enjoyable to watch. He puts a lot of time into his creations, and they are enjoyable to watch. I'd like to get a to a point of polish as chaz has gotten with a lot of the videos he has made.

 So what kind of videos should I start with? Just anything? I think it would be easier to gauge how effective my videos are becoming if I pick a series and stick with it. That way I can see the improvements, and take advice for future videos. I may start other series, possibly one about speedrunning or similar, or maybe just random videos. Either way, I'd like to do this new series regularly, maybe even on a weekly basis.

N64 Game of the Week

 So, I found my self playing replaying Majora's Mask for the first time in the better part of a decade. It had literally been so long, I didn't remember any of the puzzles, dungeons, boss strategys... nothing. Let me just say: It was AWESOME.

 The Nintendo 64 is often crowned one of the greatest, if not the greatest, gaming console ever made. And there are so many great games I either haven't played in years and years, or haven't played at all. So I think it would be fun to play a game on the N64, and sort of review it in a video. I won't give it a number rating cause I think that's silly, but perhaps all give a recommendation or something at the end of the video.

 I've already compiled a list of games I plan on doing for this series sometime in the future. If you can think of a great game on the N64 that is not on this list, let me know!

007 - Golden Eye
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64 - The Second Attack
Bomberman Hero
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
F-Zero X
Glover
Kirby 64
The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Mischief Makers
Quest 64
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape (Randy says I need more Rayman in my life.)
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
Yoshi's Story

 My first video will probably be out in the first week or two of November. As for what game I'll be doing? It'll be a surprise until I release it, and I'm not entirely sure at the moment which I'd like to start with. Either way, you better believe I'll make a new post about it when I do!

Game on,
Andrew

2 comments:

  1. I largely underrated gem would definitely be Jet Force Gemini. Was really surprised at how unique and well crafted it is. That and Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing. Rareware games, go figure!

    ReplyDelete